Management Philosophy /
The philosophy of the Company is to contribute to the enhancement of consumer life and lifestyle culture through its business.
It is also dedicated to maintaining high productivity and appropriate corporate performance by always implementing state-of-the-art commercial and retailing techniques.
By positioning a global perspective and respect for human beings as the basis of our management, the Company will continue sincere corporate management with universal trust and reliability.
Contribute to the enhancement of consumer life
and lifestyle culture through commerce
Fashion can be said to represent the cultural standards of a country. The Shimamura Group offers products at affordable prices which make fashion easily accessible. Furthermore, we contribute to the enhancement of lifestyle culture by developing a nationwide network of stores for easy shopping. Additionally, we contribute to the stability and improvement of consumer life as a social infrastructure that stably supplies clothing, which is a daily necessity, to local customers.
Maintain high productivity
and appropriate corporate performance
The Shimamura Group has created a highly-productive system based on low-cost operations at each stage of store opening, purchasing, distribution, and sales. We constantly review our entire business with an eye on promoting standardization, simplification, and specialization. We also continue to improve productivity through systematic organization.
Position a global perspective and respect
for human beings as the basis of our management
The foundational concept of management at the Shimamura Group is to respond fairly and equitably to various stakeholders such as employees, customers, business partners, shareholders, and society, and to be accepted by the community as a "good company" anywhere in the world without discrimination based on race, gender, or age.
Continue sincere corporate management
with universal trust and reliability
The Shimamura Group will continue to conduct sincere corporate management in order to build long-term universal trust and reliability with various stakeholders such as employees, customers, business partners, shareholders, and society.
The Shimamura Group will build a "good company" for employees, customers, business partners, society, and shareholders.
The Shimamura Group aims to realize a sustainable society by creating value
for all stakeholders through our initiatives to solve ESG issues.
For our employees
- The Shimamura Group will strive to improve working conditions and the workplace environment so that each employee can achieve self-realization through work, lead a stable daily life, and have a meaningful role in society during their long life.
For our customers
- The Shimamura Group will improve the environment at our stores so that customers can enjoy a comfortable shopping experience and always find what they are looking for. We will provide products with high sensitivity, high quality, and low price which make daily life fun and exciting.
For our business partners
- The Shimamura Group will aim for long-term growth together based on fair transactions based on mutual faith and trust.
We will also build a sustainable supply chain based on environmental friendliness and respect for human beings throughout the supply chain.
For our shareholders
- The Shimamura Group will basically provide long-term and stable shareholder returns so that our shareholders can support our company over the long term. In addition, we will disseminate information that affects investment decisions with fairness, accuracy, and continuity to enhance communication with shareholders and investors.
For our society
- As a regional clothing infrastructure, we have constructed a dominant store network of approximately 2,200 stores and a proprietary distribution network to support those stores. This enables us to stably supply products throughout Japan. Additionally, we have established systems for business continuity. In the event of a disaster or emergency, we will continue to operate stores as much as possible to support life in the community.